Monday 11 March 2013

Very little time

One child is asleep and the other two are about to arrive home after being picked up from kindergarten and I have a few minutes to do some writing in a large body of work I have been working on for over a year now and all I can think about is the injustice of getting a flat tire on my bike thanks to a small shard of glass worming its way in over time.
     Black hands from the brake dust and road grime and high blood pressure are my punishment for trying to better myself and the world around me while some drunk neanderthal thinks it would be really funny to impress a girl my throwing a beer bottle onto the street and shattering it the night before ready for my, or someone else's, tire to run over it.
     But playing it over in my mind, I feel these two people deserve each other.
     Why? you ask.
     Well ... I would like to think that this guy being drunk as a catholic priest would be a little inaccurate with the bottle's arc and it would land closer to his foot than he planned. A shard lodges itself in his skin near an artery in his lower leg. He and she go back to his and begin drunkfumbling and then drunkfucking and this guy is on top and the glass worms it way through the arterial wall.
     Much like my bike tire really.
     And because he is pissed as a lord he thinks that the dizziness and pale colours and swimming girl beneath him are due to the impending orgasm and so goes faster causing his heart to race and spurt the bright red blood quicker into a growing and warm and and as yet unnoticed wet patch. And as he collapses slavering and quivering onto his suffocating drunken girl she has a vision of flying broken glass before she dies. And I can feel comfortable in picturing the deaths of these two because draining that gene pool is not exactly like stopping the flow of the Amazon.
     Is it wrong to imagine the deaths of imagined people just because one of them broke a bottle on the road and the other was impressed by it?
     I thought so. Now, how to work it into a story.
     Of course, the bottle could have dropped mistakenly, but isnt anywhere near so much fun.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment