Sunday 31 March 2013

Isnt there an easier answer?

I just tried to post something on ebay and went through the several dozen minutes lodging process. Granted that it would have been easier if I had waited until the kids were asleep.

Then my Credit Card details were deemed inaccurate by ebay. Despite them being visible on my card the good programming at ebay deemed the hard copy incorrect. Since when did secure mean that you couldnt use your own card because your own card was wrong? Ebay seems to have a higher standard than everyone else. It works at the supermarket and at the petrol station and at the pharmacy and at other online stores.

Of course its good that they take security so seriously. However, even my bank accepts that the details on my card are accurate. The bank takes it a step further and even accepts the details as correct.

So I tried registering my regular bank account and debiting the amount. But that required the identification of my newly incorrect credit card which rendered the process ineffective.

So I emailed ebay customer support and suggested that something may be wrong.

Their suggestion: get another credit card and register that.

So, I'll use gumtree.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment