Thursday 28 February 2013

Willandermonium

I feel like I just watched a movie that would go straight to video. It tired me out and left a bad taste in my mouth, mainly because it contained an Australian comedian.
     I was in a hospital watching a live comedy gig by this Australian comedian. It was titled Will Andermonium. I'm not sure if that has ever been a title of one of his shows, so I am not claiming it as my own. It could well be my subconscious remembering something I had seen once.
     The first half of the show was mildly funny. Then it was intermission and afterwards he played a self-indulgent mockumentary to his crowd. It depicted the trauma of orphans in Romanian orphanges. Normally it would be a harrowing topic and not self-indulgent at all.
     Except that he directed himself in the starring role of sadistic orphanage warden complete with fake thin moustache and bald head wig and terrible eastern Bloc accent. I read a book through the whole sordid affair by the luminescence of a bicycle light. nobody seemed disturbed by it.
     Before the end I left the movie and walked into the halls of the relatively deserted hospital without any clothes at all.
     I had an overwhelming feeling of hunger.
     I stopped at a kiosk and ordered fried chips. the deep fryer and cook was set right behind glass like a pizza chef assembling a pizza for the show of it. But on seeing the viscous and torpid soup of lard in which the potato was frying I declined the meal. The potato chef did not look up at me.
     It was then I decided I should clothe myself and began searching for something to wear. For some reason I looked in all the bathrooms, presumably in an attempt to swaddle myself in toilet tissue and paper hand towels.
     As I left the last bathroom a nurse saw me and said:
     "This guy again. Come on, let's get you some scrubs."
     And she led me away towards coverings.
     I woke up.
     Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment