Thursday 30 January 2014

Child Philosophy

Mummy blogging time again.

My children have been responsible for two wonderfully simple and humbling pieces of philoophy.

When they were two and both were in cots, one of our children woke in the morning and decided that a bit of faecal smearing on the pillow was a good idea. And for all I know, it may be. Never tried it myself. The other child, also awake and standing against the cot railing, said:

You shouldnt poo on your pillow.

If that isnt a title of a philosophy book, I dont know what is.

Then, only recently, another of our children was being very brave while I hacked out a splinter from her foot. I'm sure I was as delicate as a thirsty man digging for water in a rocky desert. After it came out, I showed her its size and she asked:

Why is life so full of splinters?

Now that is a metaphor for existence.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment